SPINACH & FETA PASTA
After Eric ate this he said, "when do I get to eat this again?" It was good. And simple, which is always a plus for me. I realize that some people turn up their nose at spinach, which is silly. It packs so many nutrients and can be worked into anything, even blitzed to a fine paste and added to brownies!
"If you aren't a fan of Feta use big shavings of Pecorino."
Notes: Olive oil is extra-virgin.
WILTED SPINACH PASTA
Ingredients: 8 oz. cooked long pasta (thin spaghetti or linguine), 3 cups baby spinach, 3 tbsp. olive oil, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, 1/4 cup dry white wine, 3-4 oz. Feta cheese- crumbled.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions in well-salted water. Drain. Then tip pasta back into its pot.
2. Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat until glossy. Add garlic and pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute, then turn down to medium.
3. Tip in spinach leaves. Cook, stirring and tamping down occasionally, until the leaves are 75% wilted. Remove to a bowl.
4. Pour white wine and 1 tbsp. olive oil into the pan and whisk to pick up any leftover spices for about a minute. Pour over pasta in the pot, toss to coat. Add spinach and Feta to the pot and toss again.
6. Serve immediately with extra pepper flakes and Feta.
#spinach #pasta #wilted spinach pasta #good #spaghetti