All about the Mexi-food in my house. I can never get enough. I also couldn't get enough of these tostadas, with sweet, broiled corn and savory mashed black beans, topped with avocado, sour cream, and queso fresca cheese. I ate nearly my weight and wasn't sorry at all.
Now you get to as well.
Queso fresco cheese can be substituted with Feta.
BROILED CORN & SMASHED BLACK BEAN TOSTADAS
Ingredients: 2 large ears of corn, one can of black beans, 2 tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil, 2 tsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp. sea salt, one sliced avocado, 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese, and corn tortillas.
1. Preheat the oven to broil, placing a rack in the second position from the top.
2. Cut the corn off the cobs and place it on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Mix brown sugar, onion powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and sea salt together. Sprinkle half of the mixture over the corn.
3. Broil the corn while watching closely for 8-12 minutes, tossing halfway until the corn is browned. Some of the corn will be crisped. Remove.
4. Brush corn tortillas with 1 tbsp. of oil. Sprinkle with a little of the seasoning blend used on the corn. Heat on a dry griddle or skillet pan until lightly browned.
5. Heat the black beans over medium heat, mashing as they warm. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Assemble tostadas by spreading with mashed black beans, then topping with corn, avocado slices, sour cream, queso fresco cheese, and cilantro. Serve immediately.