I'm a big fan of the starchy, neutral flavor of golden potatoes because you can flex your creativity and 'zoosh' them in any way that suits your fancy. And this recipe tastes fancy, though your effort is not at all. Pair them with any protein you like, toss them into a tangle of fresh greens, or tip them into a bowl and eat as your primary with some crusty bread to smoosh them onto.
No garlic-infused olive oil? Add two minced garlic cloves to the potatoes before roasting.
Notes: Garlic-infused olive oil is Trader Joe's.
CRISPY FRENCH VINAIGRETTE POTATOES
Ingredients: 1 lb. small golden potatoes, 1 tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Vinaigrette: 2 tbsp. chopped basil, 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup white wine, 2 tsp. honey, 1/4 cup olive oil.
1. Preheat the oven to 425* and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Halve the potatoes and tumble them onto the baking sheet.
3. Drizzle with the garlic-infused olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through, until fork-tender.
4. In the bottom of a bowl, whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients until emulsified.
5. Tip hot potatoes directly into the bowl. Turn gently to coat. Remove to a serving platter and add chopped fresh parsley and/or basil over the top. Serve immediately.