If you are looking for a simple-yet-sublime and sigh-worthy appetizer, side item, late night snack or brunch-wow, may I submit one hell of a delicious plated of fries...whether you make the fries yourself, or simply load up oven baked ones from a package, I promise you'll love the results.
This recipe serves 2 people well, or 3-4 as a light appetizer. Plan on 1 potato per person, if you are making as a large side item.
I understand some people don't love cilantro like I do. Use flat-leaf parsley instead.
Notes: Garlic infused olive oil is by Trader Joe's- but you can find it at most grocers.
LOADED MEDITERRANEAN SWEET POTATO FRIES
INGREDIENTS: 2 medium sweet potatoes- peeled, 2 tbsp. corn starch, 2 tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil, coarse sea salt, 4 oz. cup Feta cheese-crumbled, 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup tahini, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, 1 tbsp. sesame seeds.
1. Preheat oven to 425* and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. After peeling potatoes, slice into long steak fries. Toss potatoes in a bowl with corn starch until well coated.
3. Lay fries flat on baking sheets. Brush both sides with oil, then salt to taste. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until browning and crisping up. Flip over and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
4. Remove fries to a large oven safe platter or iron skillet. Top with cheeses. Place back into the oven until cheese is melty- about 5 more minutes.
5. Remove fries and, while hot, drizzle over tahini followed by sesame seeds and cilantro. Serve immediately.