These cookies are a delicious, happy accident. What I mean is, I didn't have a full bag of any kind of 'chip' to make an entire batch of cookies, so I mixed them all together and added pecans. I am thrilled with the result! Special circumstances = truly special cookie. I could have named them chocolate stash leftovers with pecans cookies, but the title above is a little easier to say. YUM!
"I used dark chocolate for the drizzle, if you prefer semi-sweet do that, and I do feel milk chocolate would be overly sweet."
Notes: Butter is unsalted.
PECAN EVERY CHIP COOKIES
Ingredients: 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter, scant 3/4 cup sugar, 2/3 cup brown sugar, 2 eggs at room temperature, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. baking soda, 3/4 tsp. sea salt, 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup dark chocolate chips, 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips, 1/2 cup heath bar chips or bits, 1/2 cup chopped pecans + 48 whole pecans (optional).
Makes about 4 dozen.
1. Preheat oven to 350* and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until creamy.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda together. Add to wet ingredients until combined well. Fold in chopped pecans, semi-sweet chips, milk chocolate chips and heath bar bits. Split the dark chocolate chips in half, fold in 1/2 cup and reserve the other to the side for chocolate drizz.
4. Scoop 2-inch blobs onto baking sheets. Press in a whole pecan on top of each cookie, if you like. Bake for 9 minutes, remove to a rack to cool.
5. Melt 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips in the micro for in 30-second increments at half-power until just melted. Drizzle over each cookie. Store at room temperature in an air-tight container.