It will feel like a breakfast you might order on an elegant vacation.
But no, it's rebooted salmon. And sure, it works for lunch or dinner or later too. The scrambled eggs are soft, the salmon takes on browned edges, and the pesto sour cream makes each bite a little more special. But still, you're on the easy train.
Toast is a great way to get more into your mouth.
SALMON SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH PESTO
Ingredients: 2 tbsp. neutral oil or butter, 4 eggs, 3-5 oz. cooked salmon, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. dried dill, 1/2 tsp. sea salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 tbsp. prepared pesto, 1 tbsp. chopped parsley, 1 tsp. Sriracha, and 1/2 tbsp. chopped chives (optional).
1. Make pesto sour cream by stirring together sour cream, pesto, parsley, and Sriracha. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil or butter in a skillet pan over medium heat until glossy.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a bowl with the sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and dill. Cook the eggs over medium heat until almost done--some moisture remains.
4. Break up the salmon with a fork and add to the eggs. Cook with the eggs to heat through.
5. Serve salmon scrambled eggs with a dollop of pesto sour cream and toast. Scatter over chopped chives, if you like.