I riffed my Almond Poppy Seed Loaf and am very pleased with the results. The crumb here is soft, yet structured, and super cakey. Chopped strawberries melt down ever so slightly, becoming jammy. The glaze is minimal but a nice, sweet touch. You will love this loaf for breakfast, tea, snack or dessert!
It literally needs nothing--and I usually would never say this-- but even ice cream would be too much. Such a good cake!
Notes: Neutral oil is grape seed. Greek yogurt is plain.
STRAWBERRY POPPY SEED LOAF
Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1/2 cup almond flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 1/2 tbsp. poppy seeds, 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. neutral oil, 2 eggs at room temperature, 1 generous cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/3 cup almond milk, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt. 1/2 cup chopped strawberries, 1 tsp. corn starch. For Glaze: 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 2 tbsp. almond milk, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract.
Makes 1 standard loaf.
*May be made DF by substituting almond milk yogurt (I like 365 by Whole Foods) for the Greek.
1. Preheat oven to 350* and grease a parchment paper-lined loaf pan.
2. Whisk the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla extract until very smooth. Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk yogurt and milk together. Fold into batter. Stir corn starch into the strawberries, then fold them into the batter.
5. Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake 45-55 minutes until golden and tester comes out clean. Cool and remove from loaf pan.
6. Mix glaze ingredients together, drizzle over loaf.
Tip: Tapioca flour is a great alternative to corn starch!